employment with DigiGraphics.
Position: Photoshop and Lab Technician
Date Posted: 5-13-2013
STATUS as of Monday 5-20-2013
Resumes are no longer being accepted for this position.
Previously submitted resumes are currently being reviewed. Within the next day or two top candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
DigiGraphics has an opening for one Part Time Lab Technician with
solid Photoshop Skills and a working knowledge of other Adobe
Creative Suite applications, is comfortable in a PC
hardware/software environment but also familiar with MAC OS, is
comfortable with the basics of MS Office Software (PowerPoint,
Excel, Word, Publisher).
We are a small tight-knit company seeking a well-rounded individual who is not only skilled in the area of traditional and digital imaging but able and willing to jump in and assist in other areas in which the business may have a need.... Read: We work as a team to answer phones, help clients, sweep, organize, clean toilets, fix what's broken, brainstorm, troubleshoot, or in other words... make it all happen.
General Job Description / Qualifications
- Prepare digital images for output on traditional Type C paper (Kodak Endura & Fuji Crystal Archive, wallets to 50"xFall Murals), as well as Inkjet (Gicleť): Canvas, Watercolor, etc.
- Scan, Retouch, Restore, Manipulate, Color Correct, Sharpen, Stitch, Mask, etc. as required.
- Design and Prepare Custom Artwork: Multi-image Composites, Images with Text, Key Lines, Drop Shadows, etc.
- Extensive/daily use of Photoshop CS5.5+. Occasional use of InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat; Under Windows/PC workstations.
- Manage a wide variety of incoming file formats and know how to import/export/convert one into another: Bitmap, Vector, Raw, PDF, etc.
- Work directly with clientele: Review Images, Discuss Design Options & Technical Considerations. Provide instruction/tutoring.
- Assist in Customer Service, Production, and General Business and Facility Maintenance Duties as may be needed on a given day.
Preferred Candidate Has:
- Work Experience in a Photographic Laboratory and/or studio
- College-level education in traditional and digital photographic capture and imaging. BFA degree especially helpful.
- Substantial working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of color management, equipment calibration and profiling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you enjoy people and they enjoy you.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to: self start, troubleshoot, work under pressure, hit hard deadlines.
- Desire to constantly improve skills, efficiency, and possess a continual and honest willingness to learn.
This is a Part Time position: Three full days per week; Mon, Wed, Fri from 9am to 5pm.
Pay based on experience. Ranging from $9.00/hr. as a Paid Internship Position for a highly qualified individual who may have recently graduated and may lack the full skill-set required of this position yet impresses us so much that we'd consider providing additional on-the-job training, up to $14.00/hr. -following a probation period- for an experienced technician who can hit the ground running.
How to Apply
Update: As of Saturday 5-18-13 incoming resumes for this position are no longer being considered.
We are not accepting phone calls.
Please attach your resume to an email addressed to: Position0513@digi-graphics.com. Include a web address of your work/portfolio if you have one. Those with promising resumes will be contacted for additional information, phone interview, office interview or all of the above.
This is a demanding job with many facets, requiring an appropriate combination of work experience, technical knowledge, artistic skills, people skills, flexibility, and plain old common sense. It's not a high paying position and doesn't come with benefits beyond the chance to gain knowledge, use/hone your skills, work in a cool industry, and be part of a small team of people who are passionate about the business of photography. For some, it may be a stepping stone to something else in the future. For others it may be just what you're looking for to stay busy, earn a few bucks, and use your hard-earned skills. That's the honest bottom line. If that appeals to you, we hope you'll send us an email to let us know...